The following tasks must be fully completed in order to submit your application by 11:59pm EST on Tuesday, February 28, 2017.
- Fully completed application. The online application consists of four primary sections that make up a composite score as follows: GPA-35%, Leadership-30%, Essay-20%, and Community Service/Employment-15%.
- Two-page, double-spaced essay. The 2017 essay topic is: My aspirations and how I am preparing for them. Your essay will be scored on originality, creativity, vocabulary, organization, and inspiration. It is important to stay on topic and use correct grammar and spelling.
- Official Transcript: High School Seniors: Official transcript that includes an explanation of the grading scale used to calculate your GPA. College Freshmen: First semester college transcript. College Sophomores, Juniors, or Seniors: Provide current college transcript.
- Students applying for a Financial Need Scholarship will be required to submit a 2015 IRS 1040.
- One educator personal reference from a faculty, teacher, counselor, principal, or dean who can speak on behalf of your academics within the past 24 months. They will receive an email which will provide access to a Personal Reference form they will be asked to complete.
- One personal reference from a community service member or employer you have worked with within the past 24 months. They will receive an email which will provide access to a Personal Reference form they will be asked to complete.
- One full-color photo head shot of yourself in high quality JPEG format that may be used for publication of scholarship recipients in print and online.
Documents must be in PDF or WORD (DOC) format. Multiple page transcripts must be
scanned, saved, and uploaded as one single PDF.
Transcripts must contain the seal of your high school or college/university or signature of the Registrar. Contact your school as soon as possible letting them know you will require a transcript. This takes time!! DO NOT wait until the last minute. The cumulative GPA, weighted or unweighted, must appear on the transcript along with an explanation of how the GPA is calculated.
During the application process you will be asked to submit the name of a contact person for requesting your transcript. This person will receive an email providing directions on how they may upload your transcript to your application. This is the preferred transcript submission method.
If your contact is unable to submit the information electronically, they may mail it postmarked no later than February 17, 2017 to allow processing time to:
Attn: Lysa Price -Transcript Submission
Former Agents of the FBI Foundation
3717 Fettler Park Drive
Dumfries, VA 22025
Note: your transcript must be uploaded BEFORE you will be able to electronically submit your application to meet the February 28 submission deadline.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Lysa Price, Foundation Administrator, at 703/291-3736.